If you’re considering getting your ears pierced, Target is a popular destination for ear piercing services. Target offers a professional and hygienic piercing experience, and their trained technicians use sterile, single-use piercing equipment to ensure your safety.
In this article, we’ll cover everything you need to know about Target ear piercing, including the types of ear piercings available, the cost, aftercare instructions, and some helpful tips.
Types of Ear Piercings at Target
Target offers a variety of ear piercing options, including lobe piercings, cartilage piercings, and double lobe piercings. Here’s a quick breakdown of each type:
- Lobe piercings: Lobe piercings are the most common type of ear piercing, and Target offers a standard lobe piercing service. The technician will use a piercing gun to create a hole in the earlobe, and you’ll be able to choose from a selection of earrings to wear immediately after.
- Cartilage piercings: Cartilage piercings are more complicated than lobe piercings, and they require more skill and precision. Target offers a cartilage piercing service for the helix, tragus, and forward helix. The technician will use a single-use needle to create a hole in the cartilage, and you’ll be able to choose from a selection of earrings to wear after the piercing.
- Double lobe piercings: If you want two piercings in each earlobe, Target offers a double lobe piercing service. The technician will use a piercing gun to create the first hole, and then they’ll use a second gun to create the second hole in the same earlobe.
Cost of Target Ear Piercing
The cost of ear piercing at Target varies depending on the type of piercing you choose. The standard lobe piercing costs $20, while cartilage piercings cost $40. The double lobe piercing service costs $30. Keep in mind that the cost doesn’t include the price of the earrings, which range from $9 to $58.
After you get your ears pierced at Target, it’s important to follow the aftercare instructions to ensure proper healing. Here are the steps you should take:
- Clean your earrings and earlobes twice a day with a saline solution or rubbing alcohol.
- Avoid touching your earrings or earlobes with dirty hands.
- Don’t remove your earrings for at least six weeks.
- Avoid swimming, using saunas or hot tubs, or exposing your ears to excessive moisture for at least four weeks.
- Don’t sleep on your newly pierced ears.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when getting your ears pierced at Target:
- Bring a valid ID: Target requires a valid government-issued ID for all ear piercing services, so make sure you bring one with you.
- Choose your earrings carefully: You’ll have a wide selection of earrings to choose from after your piercing, but make sure you choose ones that won’t irritate your ears.
- Be prepared for some pain: Piercings can be painful, especially cartilage piercings. However, the pain is usually short-lived and fades quickly.
- Don’t rush the healing process: It’s important to let your ears heal properly before changing your earrings or trying other types of piercings.
Target offers a safe and professional ear piercing service for those looking to get their ears pierced. Whether you want a standard lobe piercing, a cartilage piercing, or a double lobe piercing, Target has you covered. Just make sure to follow the aftercare instructions and take care of your new pier